- John had a busy week because I had a busy week. We definitely had to divide and conquer. John usually takes a nap everyday, but I don't think he got very many naps this week. Our kids sure keep us going and going.
- I have a private Facebook group with a bunch LDS moms who have 6 or more children. Thursday, a bunch of us that live on the Wasatch Front of Utah had a moms night out. I prepped John all week so that he would be there to babysit for me. I love these moms. They are my best friends. I am so glad to have an opportunity to meet other mothers who are going through or have gone through all of the same things that I am. It is also neat to see how differently we all do things. I spent a lot of time this week going over the Bills that are up at the Utah State Legislature. This year, as I have a nursing baby, I am doing what I can from home. We are going to the Capitol tomorrow-- more on that next week.
- Ruth had a busy week. She had musical practice Monday thru Thursday and Saturday. She had a school dance Friday afternoon and a church dance Saturday night. Ruth danced with several guys at the church dance. The last dance, the guy who asked her dance had friends hanging around while they were dancing telling him to kiss her. She just walked away while the music was still playing. She also gave an amazing talk in church today. I am proud of my good daughter.
- Kate had a busy week too going back and forth to musical practice. Kate has made a couple of good friends and feels much more comfortable going back to school in August. She is enjoying the musical. I look forward to seeing the end product in a couple of weeks.
- On Tuesday, I took Johnny on down to the Family Fun Center in Sandy to bounce in the bouncey houses. I couldn't do much bouncing because I had to hold onto Arwen. Johnny helped each of the little kids get up large slides and find their way through the obstacle course. Johnny also organized a game a tag with his siblings and other kids playing there. On Friday, Johnny got contact lenses. I love seeing his gorgeous dark chocolate eyes again.
- Adam had an eye doctor's appointment and he is finally seeing well. 2 years ago, Adam was only seeing 20/60 through his glasses. I decided to take him to a pediatric optomologist. He is now seeing 20/25 through his gasses. I am just relieved. It took effort to get Adam's eyes diagnosed correctly and for him to be put on a treatment path that would help his eyes function. I am glad that my little boy can finally see. His optomologist is researching to see if there are contact lenses that could help him.
- Rachel is whole new child. She's been cleaning her own bedroom and taking care of her things. When I tell Rachel to clean something up, she just does it. This week Rachel told me that she is going to name her children Rachel, Rachel, and Rachel because she just loved her name. Rachel told me that she loves me better than food because I am so nice, then she attacked me with a bunch of slobbery kisses because she knows I can't stand slobbery kisses. Other kids joined in the attack and they all just laughed and laughed. I got them all back by tickling them. :)
- Anya has been making Valentine's all week. Some are just hearts, some are a whole lot more. One Valentine had an evil dragon fighting a Valentine Dragon that had hearts. The Valentine Dragon was winning. I have pictures taped up all over the house from Anya trying to decorate the house. She has also been taking the play food out and setting up picnics on blankets in various places. Five is a cute age.
- I can't recall getting angry with Joseph this week!!! That really means two things. 1) I was too busy to notice his pathway of destruction and 2) he didn't do anything that made me too mad. That is progress. I am trying to give Joseph more of my time. My goal for this week is to not send him to bed until I have done a puzzle or two with him.
- Josh gets things for me. If I need something like some toys for the baby or a diaper, blanket, some one's shoes etc. Josh is a good kid to ask. Josh likes to go. When he sees me getting Rachel and Adam ready for school in the mornings, he gets his coat on and runs out to the car. He likes to go to stores and run errands and such too. Josh really doesn't like to be left behind.
- Arwen has become a little more chatty and a little persistent. She will just gab and gab at you for a long time. She will also cry if you do not let her have the thing she is trying to take out of your hands.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
This Week at Our House #5
Posted by Diane