- We had General Conference this weekend!!!! We love General Conference. John bought all of the junk food for our conference weekend. He did a pretty good job because no one complained about there not being enough snacks and there were no left overs.
- As I said in the previous post. I wrote a controversial religious article for a Well Behaved Mormon Woman blog. I spent much of the week on that responding and thinking about responses. I absolutely LOVED General Conference. My most personal questions were answered as well as my general ones. It has been an amazing weekend.
- Ruth takes lots and lots of very careful notes during General Conference now. That is pretty awesome because when I can't remember who said what, Ruth always knows.
- Kate is still trudging along with math and all of her other homework. Friday she had a party with an old homeschool friend. That really lifted her spirits.
- Johnny is getting busier in the evenings now with young men activities, scout activities, friends, and such. He had a scout camp out and a birthday party both on Friday night. Johnny ended choosing the birthday party because of the weather.
- Adam got to attend the second Saturday session of conference with me in the Conference Center. He was pretty wiggly and asked a few times when it was going to end. I know he felt the Spirit there and whenever someone asked what he thought about it, he threw his arms into the air and said, "It was GREAT!"
- Rachel lost her 7th tooth. She has now lost more teeth than Adam.
- I so want to cut Anya's hair. She hates getting it combed and brushed and put up. She cries every time. But she insists on trying to grow her hair like Rapunzel.
- I've been trying to get Joseph to spend as much time as possible before it gets much colder. When I asked Joseph what he did this week, he said that all he did was jump on the tramp.
- Joshua hung himself on our blind strings Saturday morning while I was cleaning the bathrooms and John was still sleeping. Adam was sitting right next to him and I had to scream his name again and again before he even noticed and helped. I was upstairs and the boys were downstairs watching "Avatar the Last Airbender" on the computer. The ends of the two strings had been tied together for some time. He stood up on the back of the couch, put his head between the strings and then either jumped or slipped down. I stepped out of the bathroom for a moment and heard him crying. It was a truly terrifying experience. He has sharp string marks all around his neck. I don't usually leave while I am cleaning the bathrooms. I know there was some Divine intervention in saving little Joshua's life. I will be getting rid of the blinds now. Curtains are good things.
- Arwen can walk really fast now. The first few times she walked fast, she stopped and clapped.
This Week's Pictures
|This is the fortune John got in his cookie on our date. We thought it was pretty funny and probably had a typo. But hey, this is the first fortune we can really count on to be true.|
|Snuggling with Grandma during General Conference|
|End of Conference dinner|
|I got the winter clothes all switched over. That is sure a big task in this house because of how I have to pull out all of the bins.|