Saturday, December 22, 2012

Grrrr

Grrrrr... I am up after 3am and cannot sleep. My kids have had this nasty cold, cough, fever, green runny nose thing for two weeks+ now. The only kid that has gotten better is the one who got on an antibiotic for a sinus infection 11 days ago. He has no runny nose or anything. Soooo, I am certain they are fighting a hard to get rid of bacteria. I have counted up how many kids absolutely must go to the doctor tomorrow and it is a minimum of 5. But really, 8 have had the cough and runny nose for two weeks now. Only 5 have had a fever, and 2 of those for 7 days. If I bring 5 into the doctor it is $100 in copays. If I bring 8 it is $160 in copays. Since, I won't be able to get in to see my regular doctor until after Christmas, I can't just say, please give 8 of my children an antibiotic and trust that I am not making this up. So now I must decide. Do I bring 8 kids into the doctor tomorrow???

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oy. I'm so sorry. :(

Courtney said...

Oh I am sorry.
I say no, don't bring them in... stuff them full of garlic. You can buy garlic pills for big kids to swallow (they are mixed with parsley so no aftertaste) and for your littles you mix minced garlic with peanut butter (think thai food). Load them up a few times a day for a few days. Works every time! You might also want to add some acidopholus to strenthen their good bacteria in their gut. You can get it all at good earth for under $15... Good Luck with getting everyone better.
Priesthood blessings our wonderful too, the Lord knows your heart and your desire to get/stay our of debt.
Sorry, for the rant, best of luck in getting everyone well.

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh; this is awful. I do hope they get better soon. One Christmas 5 of our 6 children had chicken pox. Our oldest son broke out with them on the first day back to school. It was and interesting holiday. Very journal worthy.
Blessings to you all and hugs too!

rozanny said...

Hope everyone's doing better!