Friday, September 19, 2008

Dinner Conversation


Dad: How did you like the episode of Samurai 7?

Johnny: I liked it. It was Kachiro who deflected the ships cannon with just his sword. That is so cool. Isn't it-- because the cannon is so big and the sword is so small. That must have been hard.

Dad: Well that's because it's not true. (Pause) But it is pretend and pretend things are fun. Like super heroes are fun.

Mom: Super heroes are real-- Spiderman is real.

Adam: Yeah, Spiderman is real and Scooby Doo is real too.

Johnny: I think that the Lord of the Rings is real.

Mom: Yeah, and Star Wars too.

Kate: In that case, the thing I want to do most of all is train to become a jedi.

Mom: Well, you will have to do a lot of traveling then.

Ruth: Yeah, you will be more than 40 years old when you get started, because those planets are 40 light years away. You will have to travel faster than the speed of light.

Kate: That is okay when it is the thing you want to do the most.

Dad: Well, Kate I will only give you permission to become a jedi if you promise me one thing.

Kate: What is it?

Dad: Promise me that you will never become a sith lord and not turn to the Dark side and take over the universe.

Kate: It's a deal.

4 comments:

Becca said...

hahahahah!

Hahahhaha!






hahahaha!

That is so funny to me. You guys are hilarious, and adorable. What a fun family.

rozanny said...

But... why is it that being the bad guy is always more alluring? Sith Lord sounds so much cooler than Jedi Master right?!

Em said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! James has been having similar conversations with Ben lately about Tranformers and all that it always makes me laugh so har. Your kids are so darn funny. I am excited to see you guys again.

Jeremy said...

I'm not sure whether I'd rather be a jedi or wizard...